Saturday, August 13, 2011

feeding help!?

My son was born premature and he was 3lbs. He quickly became a very "needy" preemie who loved to nurse round the clock. I was forced to use a pacifier b/c he nursed SO much, sometimes for hours on end. Now, he is 9 months old and I want to quit feeding. He still wants to nurse all the time, now it is regulated at every HOUR, but that is crazy. I am always tired and I never feel like I get a break. I have tried for several months to give him a bottle on occion just to get a break (it makes life so difficult , even going to dinner or going shopping, leaving the house at ALL is such an effort when I have to keep stopping to feed him) and he screams and fights and WILL NOT take a bottle. I have tried many different types and listened to many ideas, but he WILL not. He screams and grabs my & lifts my shirt! What can I do? I am so frustrated. I do not know where to turn. If he would at least go longer between feeds I would have a "break"! Any suggestions? Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment